Who Says “Physically Challenged” are less than anybody else? We are proud to share list of 15 Physically Challenged Braved Indians Who Braved “Physical Challenge” To Achieve Great Heights
1) Sudha Chandran: An amputee with a Jaipur foot since the age of 16, she went on to become the famous Indian classical dancer and actress she is today
2) Ravindra Jain: Visually impaired by birth, he took up singing as his passion at quite an early age and went on to become a celebrated music director of the 70’s.
3) Girish Sharma: He lost a leg at the age of two in a train accident but the same was not enough to deter him from becoming a badminton champion
4) H Ramakrishnan: Affected by polio in both his legs at the tender age of 3 followed by being denied admission in schools and granted a job of his choice, he braved each of them to become a philanthropist, journalist, musician and the CEO of the SS Music Television Channel
5) Preethi Srinivasan: Captain of the under-19 women’s cricket team, she was struck by an unfortunate swimming accdent which left her paralyzed from below her neck. Today she inspires millions with disabilities through her organization Soulfree.
6) Satendra Singh: Contracted polio at nine months, he became an acclaimed doctor and a famous disability activist
7) H. Boniface Prabhu: Quadriplegic since the age of 4 years, he continued education in a regular school and a leading quadriplegic wheelchair tennis player.
8) Sai Prasad Viswanathan: He lost sensation in the lower half of his body when he was a kid and went on to become India’s first skydiver and got his name registered in the Limca Book of Records
9) Akbar Khan: Born visually impaired to a poor family, Khan went on to become a musician and a judge of numerous national level music competitions
10) Arunima Sinha: She lost a leg when some robbers pushed her off a train, a couple of years following which she became the first woman amputee to scale Mt. Everest
11) Javed Abidi: A wheelchair user since the age of 15, he went abroad to finish his education and fufilled his dreams of becoming a celebrated journalist and a disability rights activist
12) Rajendra Singh Rahelu: Having contracted polio when he was eight months old, this determined Indian went on to secure silver medal for powerlifting at the 2014 Commonwealth Games
13) Dr. Suresh Advani: Affected with polio since the age of 8, he faced many difficulties to realize his dreams until he became the recipient of Padma Shri in 2002 for contributions in the field of oncology
14) Sadhna Dhand: She suffers from brittle bone disease and lost her sense of hearing at the age of 12 post which she brave her situations to secure national awards for painting and photography
15) Malathi Krishnamurty Holla: With a paralyzed lower body, she has secured more than 300 medals in a variety of sports and international para-athletics. She is also a recipient of the prestigious Arjuna award and the Padma Shri.
Small Request: Dear Reader, hope you liked our content on Motivation. We want to keep our content free, engaging & effective to change lives. In order to survive and to create more content we need ‘Financial Help’. We value every single penny you pay us. Without your support we can't achieve our dream to turn 'Motivation into Utility'. Can you please help us using this link.