Anurag Thakur is unanimously elected new President of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) which is known to be world’s richest sporting body. Anurag became BCCI Honorary Secretary in January 2015. Here are few things to know about newly elected President Anurag Thakur.
1) He is going to replace Shashank Manohar earlier President of BCCI. After Fateh Singh Gaekwad, Anurag Thakur is the second youngest President of BCCI.
2) He is Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha from Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh from BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party). He has been elected Member of Parliament twice before his third term.
3) People who don’t follow politics much wouldn’t know that he is the son of former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Mr. Prem Kumar Dhumal.
4) 1974 Born, Anurag completed his schooling from Dayanand Model School, Jalandhar and then did his Bachelors from Doaba College, Jalandhar.
5) In the year 2008, Anurag started his Political journey when he was first selected as MP in a by poll.
6) He has also represented BJP’s All India Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha as President.
7) He came into limelight when he headed march from Kolkata to Lal Chowk in Srinagar to unfurl the National Flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on Republic day in year 2011.
8) Anurag loves watching Cricket and he is married to Shefali.