86 Years old renowned Marathi poet & Padma Bhushan recipient Mangesh Keshav Padgaonkar has passed away in Mumbai today (Wednesday, 30 Dec’15) after a brief illness. Here are few things to know about poet of ‘Salam’.
1. He started writing poetry when he was just 14 years old.
2. He wrote poetry for 70+ years.
3. He also wrote lyrics of many Marathi songs. (Bhatukalichya Khelamadhali, Ya Janmawar, Shukratara Mand Wara)
4. He wrote theme song of University of Pune’s “Punyamayee De Amha Akshar Vardaan”.
5. He had 40 publications on his name. 31 of his publications were acquired by US Library of Congress.
6. He was awarded Padma Bhushan in year 2013.
RIP Mangesh Padgaonkar!!
Small Request: Dear Reader, hope you liked our content on Motivation. We want to keep our content free, engaging & effective to change lives. In order to survive and to create more content we need ‘Financial Help’. We value every single penny you pay us. Without your support we can't achieve our dream to turn 'Motivation into Utility'. Can you please help us using this link.